Of Counsel to the Blackman Legal Group
Matthew McNicholas, a partner in the law firm of McNicholas & McNicholas LLP, with offices in Los Angeles, serves of counsel to Blackman Legal Group. A lawyer with extensive trial experience in personal injury cases, attorney McNicholas also handles wrongful death and civil rights cases, including racial discrimination.
Mr. McNicholas has written extensively on issues involving trial advocacy and tort law, including product liability. He is the author of “Dismiss ERISA,” first published in the Los Angeles Daily Journal in 2001, and “Eight Motion Tips from a Former Federal Law Clerk,” which appeared in Trial Excellence in January, 2001. Attorney McNicholas also serves as a speaker and panelist for a variety of legal workshops and conferences, including presentations put on by the Consumer Attorneys Association of California.
Mr. McNicholas attended the Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, where he was awarded the American Jurisprudence Award in criminal law and elected to the Phi Delta Phi honor society. After law school, he worked as a law clerk in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California. He also has been an extern with California Court of Appeals Justice Richard Aldrich and U.S. District Judge John G. Davies. He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California.
An active member of the legal community, attorney McNicholas serves on the board of the Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles. He also maintains memberships in the Consumer Attorneys of California, the Irish American Bar Association and the Malibu Bar Association, where he has served on the board.
Representative cases that Mr. McNicholas has handled include the following:
- 26-year-old plaintiff recovered against international company for a brain injury
- $8,000,000 25 tenants subjected to slumlord and uninhabitable conditions
- $5,430,000 First African-American member of LAPD bomb squad discriminated against because of his race
- A $2 million settlement for the family of an elderly lady run over and killed in San Francisco by a truck.
- A $500,000 settlement for the wrongful death of a 29-year-old man who died in an apartment fire in San Francisco.
To learn more about Mr. McNicholas’s practice or to schedule a free case evaluation, contact the Blackman Legal Group by e-mail or call us at 415-585-5200 (toll free at 866-692-8126).