Personal Injury Attorney in San Francisco, Oakland and the Bay Area
Since joining the California bar 23 years ago, attorney Patrick McNicholas has focused his practice exclusively on the needs of plaintiffs in personal injury and wrongful death actions. A founding partner of the law firm McNicholas and McNicholas LLP, he is currently of counsel to the Blackman Legal Group. He was chosen by Los Angeles Magazine and Law and Politics as a Southern California Super Lawyer in the area of personal injury every year from 2004 through 2007, and was named to the list of Top 100 Lawyers by Super Lawyers in 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008.
A graduate of the McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Mr. McNicholas is licensed to practice in all state courts in California and in the United States District Court for the Central District of California. He is a longstanding member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Association of American Trial Lawyers. He has also been active with the Consumer Attorneys of California, having served on the Board of Governors, as well as the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles. He serves as a Judge Pro Tem in the Los Angeles Superior Court, where he also has been an arbitrator and a settlement officer.
Attorney McNicholas has taught trial advocacy as an adjunct professor at Whittier College School of Law and has given presentations and written published works on expert examination, trial preparation and maritime injuries. Among the many articles that he has published are the following:
- Cross-Examination of the Defense Expert (CAALA Law Vegas Convention, 1997)
- Preparing the Employment Case for Trial (Forum Vol. 28, No. 9, 1998)
- The Danger Creation Doctrine and Section 1983: Governmental Liability for Third Party Torts (Forum Vol. 29, No. 5, 1999)
- The Essentials of Representing the Injured Seaman (Forum Vol. 31, No. 2, 2001)
Among the results attorney McNicholas has attained are the following:
- $10,050,000 verdict for injured worker who suffered crushed femur.
- $10,800,000 Sexual abuse of a male minor by a male coach
- $6.5 million for surviving family members in a subway work tunnel death claim
- $6 million settlement in a wrongful death claim involving an MTA tunnel accident
- $5.7 million settlement for wrongful deaths of two working mothers, ages 40 and 50, struck by a corporate van
- $5 million for survivors in a wrongful death claim arising out of an automobile accident
- $1.4 million settlement for father of a nine-year-old boy ejected and killed in a motor vehicle accident while not wearing a seat belt
- $1.25 million verdict for the death of an 88-year-old woman killed by California Department of Corrections Bus while crossing the street
To learn more about Mr. McNicholas’s practice or to schedule a free case evaluation, contact the Blackman Legal Group by e-mail or call us at 415-585-5200 (toll free at 866-692-8126).